Friday, August 25, 2006

Three new divas signed... don't ask me who

After whatsaface won the diva search some more have now been signed. In fact three more have been signed. I don't know which ones and to be honest I don't really care.

Here's the problem with the current crop of divas: they're just too normal. Every single one of them is hot but, it's nothing I couldn't see by taking a walk into my town centre. The divas used to be over because they were something special. They used to have personsality and be sexy, they used to be untouchable.

I know that when I turned on my TV I would see not a girl but a woman. A woman who was untouchable, a woman who I wouldn't be able to pull in a thousand years; a Sable, a Debra, a Miss Elizabeth. These days if I wanted an Ashley I could walk down the street and happily chat away to a 'girl next door' with no worries at all.

Look at the example of Trish Stratus. When she first came on the scene in 2000 she was untouchable. She wore her short skirts and cowboy hats and I would have given anything to be with her. These days she comes to the ring in jeans and a top, probably what she's had on all day. I'd still give my back teeth to be with her but she doesn't have that x factor any longer.

These women used to be something out of this world, now they're nameless faces. Good luck to the three new divas. See you at the dole office in twelve months.

No comments: