Wednesday, September 27, 2006

BTA Exclusive: How to get to the 'A' Show

Randy Orton, Super Crazy and Johnny Nitro have all managed to jump to Raw over the past three months and the transistion has been great for all three guys. Recently Smackdown superstar Mr Kennedy has asked his general manager for a transfer to Raw. However his move was turned down. So, we at the Behind The Angle have caught up with the three men who have managed the jump to get advice on how to make it to the 'A' show.

"I was a dick. I got too big for my boots and thought I was a star. I pissed everybody off in the lockeroom and then started on the dope," Orton said, "pretty soon after I was suspended. The first guy you know? The first guy to be suspended under the wellness policy" he says with a smile. "I thought I'd have to return to the dreaded Smackdown but with Kurt in ECW there was nobody with me to work with. Hogan was looking to work with me but didn't want to go on Smackdown so I was shipped to Raw and I'm still there!" It seems Orton being a tosser and defying a policy intended to get the business clean earned Randy his promotion.

Current Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro's story follows a similar line; "Me and Melina sort of got it on. All the guys were jeaulous of me for banging the hottest chick on the show so they hated me and they hated Melina." It was at Judgment Day that Nitro's worries came to ahead; "I was teaming with Joey and we'd been tag champs for months but at Judgment Day these little geeks in masks beat us for the titles. Well, I say beat us, they beat Joey." Soon after Nitro and his sidekick Melina was kicked off Smackdown. "The next week I was on Raw! I couldn't believe my luck. Everybody hated me on Smackdown so I moved to Raw and got a bug singles push!"

Super Crazy's story is rather different. He was involved in the scandalous Great American Bash fiasco in which a number of Smackdown stars were suspended after the results of the lastest round of drug testing came through. Unfortunatly Crazy was unable to comment as his English is non-existent (according to commentator John Bradshaw Layfield). The broken English we could understand seemed to say that he was rewarded for trying to get bigger and not be a crusierweight any longer. One source inside WWE made the comment that when Crazy showed he could be more than a small guy he was instantly moved to Raw.

Three success stories in this business and fellow Smackdown stars can do the same by getting heat or taking 'supplements'. BTA hopes that in the future more stars find their way to the number one show in sports entertainment just like these three guys.

No comments: